Saturday, May 16, 2015

Berlin, Day 2

I was right, Berlin is absolutely stunning! The city is green and beautiful, and the people here are always outside, not plugged into technology - it's so great.

Yesterday was the day of the 8 mile bike tour. I was a bit skeptical at first (8 miles is pretty far!), but honestly I would not have wanted to see the city any other way. At 10:30 we went to Alexander Platz to meet our tour guide. After arriving we picked our bikes (mine was Anne Frank) and began our voyage through the city.



We had yet another day with beautiful weather, mid 60s and sunny - it was actually overwhelming how perfect of a day it was. 

We were able to see so much, The Berlin Wall, different parks and monuments, residential areas, the water front. The Berlin Wall was breath taking (as evidenced by the many, many pictures I took ... I picked a few of my favorites for this post) as was the rest of the city. 








  


To say that my time here thus far has been amazing would be an understatement and I can't wait for what's to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment