Friday, May 22, 2015

The Adventures Continue

Berlin continues to amaze me. Everything about it from the people to architecture is absolutely astounding. On any given street, there are beautiful buildings and fascinating people and this week I have had the chance to roam the city and take in all of it.

One of the most amazing opportunities that we have had so far was the chance to go to Christoph Niemann's studio, where he spoke with us about his experiences in the industry, showed us his incredible work, and answered our questions on his artwork and being a part of the media world. Not only was he extremely talented, but he was so sincere and kind. I actually had not known that he was a pretty big deal when we went to the studio, but having that knowledge now just makes the whole experience that much more memorable because he was so down to earth and his advice was so genuine that you would have never known that he is actually an extremely well-renowned artist. I did not want to take pictures while he was speaking because I wanted to be as present in what he had to say as possible, but here are a few pictures of his studio that I took afterwards.





This week we also had the chance to go visit the Berliner Dom and tour the inside - it was absolutely unreal. The outside itself is spectacular, but inside is just beyond beautiful. The interior is huge, but all of the architecture is so intricate. 




Underneath the ground level are the crypts which have 94 tombs spanning from the late 16th century to 20th century. On the second level, you can see various different replicas of the Dom as well as the man who constructs them. 



Finally, after climbing 270 steps (and trying not to trip up them - I was unsuccessful) you reach the top of the Dom at which point you have the most breathtaking view of the city. 




It's hard to believe that I only have five days left here in Berlin, it seems like my time here has just flown by! In the time that I have been here though, I feel like I have seen and done so much and my appreciation for the city just continues to grow with each passing day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment